6 interesting facts about the company
1. Acer - Taiwanese company for the production of computer equipment and electronics. The company ranks 487 in the Fortune Global 500 (2011).
2. The company Acer was established in 1976, it ranks fifth among the leaders - suppliers to the world market of computer equipment. Since 2000, the company has expanded its range of activities, engaged in the development of new technologies, began to promote computer equipment under its own name, characterized by convenience and reliability.
3. To date, Acer Group owns four brands - actually Acer itself, as well as Packard Bell, Gateway and eMachines. In 2008, the entry to the smartphone market was made - E-TEN was acquired. However, it was decided to abandon another brand, so as not to confuse consumers. Smartphones are manufactured under the brand Acer.
4. Acer was named after the maple.
5. Fifteen Acer plants with a total production area of more than 1 million m2, located in the US, the Netherlands, Finland, Malaysia and Taiwan, produce a wide range of products - from keyboards, monitors and fax machines to laptops, Desktop computers, servers, workstations , systems for videoconferencing.
6. The company "unites people and technologies" not only due to the fact that it creates new products and makes them available in terms of ease of use, but the company also unites them due to pricing policy. Let's recall at least appeared a line of Aspire notebooks last year, which created the perfect balance between performance, functionality, attractive design and price.